Best Kentucky Bluegrass Seed Reviews And Buying Guide
With all Kentucky Bluegrass Seed manufacturers and many products in the market it can be difficult to know which one to pick. How do you pick out one that will suit your needs? This guide aims at helping you understand the features you ought to look for the Best Kentucky Bluegrass Seed to avoid disappointments.
Comparison Chart for Top Kentucky Bluegrass Seed
Our Recommendation on the 10 Best Kentucky Bluegrass Seed
1. Scotts Turf Builder Grass Seed Kentucky Bluegrass Mix – 7 lb., Use in Full Sun, Light Shade, Fine Bladed Texture, and Medium Drought Resistance, Seeds up to 4,660 sq. ft.
- Exclusive 4 in 1 WaterSmart PLUS Coating absorbs more water, feeds with essential nutrients and protects seedlings from disease
- Not available in LA
- Seeds up to 4,660 sq. ft.
- Kentucky Bluegrass seed mix designed for full sun and light shade, with a fine bladed texture and medium drought resistance
- Scotts Turf Builder Grass Seed Kentucky Bluegrass Mix continuously self-repairs to withstand wear and tear for a thick, durable lawn
2. Outsidepride Midnight Kentucky Bluegrass Lawn Grass Seed – 5 LBS
- Midnight Kentucky bluegrass seed is one of the highest rated perennial grass seeds on the market today in many NTEP evaluations. Its beautiful dark green color, soft texture, disease resistance, cold tolerance, and easy of establishment make it a top lawn choice.
- If you are looking to plant a new lawn in the northern or transition zone, you must look at Midnight Kentucky bluegrass seeds as one of the choices for your needs.
- This grass seed is recommended for home lawns, parks, golf courses, and athletic fields. It withstands high traffic and stays thick and lush as well as being extremely cold tolerant.
- For a new lawn, sow 2 to 3 pounds per 1,000 square feet of this top rated seed.
- It creates a thick carpet that has an unusually dark rich blue-green color. It is the most popular bluegrass in the United States and it has many desirable qualities including: dark blue-green color, slow growth habit, drought tolerance, disease resistance, and more than 15 years of proving itself as a great choice.
3. Outsidepride SPF-30 Heat & Drought Tolerant Hybrid Bluegrass Lawn Grass Seed – 10 LBS
- Sow 2 – 3 pounds per 1,000 square feet or 80 – 10 lbs per acre to begin growing your soft, fine bladed, but drought tolerant lawn grass today.
- Now Professional Turf managers can add genetic diversity with a high-performance Texas Bluegrass x Kentucky Bluegrass cross! Expanding the area of adaptation for bluegrasses, TX x KBG types have been successful farther south than traditional Kentucky bluegrasses, and are adding heat tolerance and summer performance to northern zone turf.
- SPF 30 is an elite and medium-bladed bluegrass for landscape contractors, sports turf managers, and golf course superintendents who are battling the stress of summer heat. SPF 30 (HB 128) is a sister to HB 129 TX x KBG. Use SPF 30 hybrid bluegrass in Sod, Sports, Golf Roughs and Lawns. Hybrid bluegrasses germinate from seed slightly faster than Kentucky bluegrass, but the differences in overall establishment rate have not been significant.
- SPF 30 produces a high percentage of living ground cover throughout the summer, recovers quickly from drought, and is resistant to brown patch. With its aggressive rhizomes, SPF 30 improves the ability of tall fescue turf to recover when combined in a mixture.
- Hybrid bluegrass germinates and establishes slower than tall fescue. Hybrid bluegrass survive prolonged heat and drought periods. Another noteworthy feature is the disease tolerance of hybrid bluegrass.
4. GreenView 2829352 Fairway Formula Grass Seed Kentucky Bluegrass Blend, 3 lb.
- Pair with GreenView Fairway Formula Grass Seed Seeding Success, a biodegradable mulch with fertilizer that protects grass seed while it germinates
- Uncoated seeds ensure maximum seed coverage; 1,500 sq. ft. coverage if seeding new lawn; 3,000 sq. ft. coverage if over seeding existing lawn
- Seed germination in 14-28 days for a well-established lawn
- Superior drought and disease resistance blend, best for full sun to medium shade areas
- Produces a lawn with a beautiful deep green color
- Kentucky Bluegrass tolerates foot traffic and bounces back quickly from injury
- GreenView Yard Wide Guarantee: Your Satisfaction or Your Money Back
5. Jacklin Seed – Heisman Mix | 85% Kentucky Bluegrass, 15% Perennial Ryegrass | Certified Grass Seed (5 lbs (2,000 sq ft))
- NOTE: Any purchase smaller than 50 lbs will be repackaged into a resealable bag.
- GERMINATION TIME: Perennial Ryegrass will germinate between 5-7 days and Kentucky Bluegrass will germinate between 14-21 days. Grass seed will continue to thicken throughout growing season.
- PERENNIAL RYEGRASS provides rapid germination, wear resistance, recuperative ability, as well as winter hardiness and transition zone adaption.
- USE ON: residential lawns, athletic fields, municipal and community parks, golf course roughs, and other high-traffic areas.
- WHEN TO APPLY: Spring and fall, between 60°F and 80°F, are the best times to seed but can be used anytime during the growing season, applicable to your region. Grass seed germinates when soil temperatures are consistently above 50°F. This roughly corresponds to daytime air temperatures between 60°F and 75°F. If grass seed is applied in fall, any ungerminated grass seeds will remain dormant throughout winter, then germinate when soil temperatures reach 50°F in spring.
- HEISMAN is an elite mix of 85% Kentucky Bluegrass and 15% Perennial Ryegrass. Heisman is ideal for any consumer looking to have the best-looking lawn and landscape. 15% Perennial Ryegrass provides quick germination while 85% Kentucky Bluegrass provides durable blades of grass that fills in, thickens your lawn, and over time, will crowd out the Perennial Ryegrass leaving the customer with a pure Kentucky Bluegrass lawn and landscape.
- KENTUCKY BLUEGRASS is great for wear tolerance, vigorous recuperative ability, and broad-based disease resistance while maintaining high summer density.
6. Midnight Kentucky Bluegrass Seed (Certified) – 50 Lbs.
- Adds Exceptional Character To Any Cool Climate Lawn.
- Amazing Deep Green/Blue Color.
- Great Choice for Mixing With Fescue Grass
- Certified Seeds for Maximum Results
- Plant 50 Lbs. per 15,000 Sq.Ft.
7. Barenbrug USA TVKBG7 TV 7 lb Kentucky Bluegrass Seed
- For use in sunny to moderate shade conditions
- Available in a 7Lb bag
- 100% quality Kentucky Bluegrass
8. Midnight Kentucky Bluegrass Seed (Certified) – 10 Lbs.
9. Jonathan Green (11970) Blue Panther Kentucky Bluegrass Grass Seed – Cool Season Lawn Seed (3 lb)
- COMPLETE COVERAGE – This 3 lb bag will seed up to 2,400 sq. ft. for new lawns. For overseeding, this bag will seed up to 4,800 sq. ft. The germination time for Blue Panther Kentucky Bluegrass Grass Seed blend is 21 – 28 days.
- 100% KENTUCKY BLUEGRASS GRASS SEED – Use our Blue Panther Kentucky Bluegrass Grass Seed when you want to keep a 100% KBG lawn or introduce KBG into an existing lawn. These bluegrasses are grown by leading sod growers across the USA.
- PROVIDES A DARK GREEN LAWN – This grass seed produces healthy, dense, and attractive turf with a dark-green color. Blue Panther lawns are very uniform in leaf texture and can withstand high traffic.
- IDEAL GROWING CONDITIONS – This grass seed requires full sun to partial shade. The best time to apply is mid-August to mid-October while the ground is still warm and the nights are cooler. The next best time to plant is mid-March through mid-May.
- ESTABLISHES NEW YARDS & FILLS THINNING LAWNS – Our cool-season grass seed grows a sod-quality lawn from seed. It can also be used to overseed a thinning lawn that was previously planted with Kentucky bluegrass sod.
10. Barenbrug Turf Blue Pro Kentucky Bluegrass Grass Seed with Yellow Jacket Seed Coating – Drought Tolerant Seed for Use on Golf Courses, Sports Fields, Parks, Lawns, and Yards (10 LB Bag)
- ESTABLISHMENT: Germination begins in 10-12 days and peaks in 21 days. 2-3 lbs./1,000 sq. ft. for seeding. 1-2 lbs./1,000 sq. ft. for overseeding.
- MAKE YOUR LAWN OR FIELD LOOK LUSH: Known for its strong performance and traffic tolerance, Turf Blue Pro can be counted on to provide extended playability. Mowing recommendation of 2-3” but can go as low as ¾” with high inputs.
- RAPID ESTABLISHMENT: The stand should achieve high coverage by 35 days, depending on environmental conditions. Quick to green up in the spring after winter dormancy.
- DISEASE RESISTANT KENTUCKY BLUEGRASS BLEND: Ideal for jobs from landscaping to golf and sports turf settings. Resistant to dollar spot, summer patch, stem rust, and more. PROFESSIONAL TURF PRODUCT: This product uses the exact seed varieties and standards of quality set forth by our high-end customers including golf course superintendents, sports field managers, landscapers, and more.
- DROUGHT TOLERANT: Blend is best used where color and/or drought tolerance are necessary traits. The seed includes genetics that provides equally effective results in many settings. Variety ‘Barserati’ being TWCA approved for drought.
Best Kentucky Bluegrass Seed Buying Guide
We didn’t pick the Top Kentucky Bluegrass Seed on our list randomly. We have set some criteria before assembling a list. Let’s look over how you should choose the Top Kentucky Bluegrass Seed that meets your need.
Each manufacturer provides the minimum requirements that you should consider before buying a Kentucky Bluegrass Seed. It will include dimensions, post location and other information.
The rating is not the same for each product. It may change depending on each purpose. Buying a Kentucky Bluegrass Seed the required score will severely affect performance.
All Kentucky Bluegrass Seed are offered at their own different price. Typically, the more money you are willing to invest the better your prdouct performance will be. In addition, going for the best brand also guarantees you greater productivity and durability.
Some —KEYWORD2– are pricier than the rest while some Kentucky Bluegrass Seed may be cheaper than others. It is true that most consumers won’t buy the most expensive ones. But, it doesn’t mean that they should go for the cheapest Kentucky Bluegrass Seed available.
This is fascinating right now! Not only do you need a decent Kentucky Bluegrass Seed, you also need a product with rising sales that is in trendy. It accomplishes two goals. First, the expanding user base proves the quality of the product. Second, given that quantity, producers ought to be able to offer greater quality and after-sales support.
##Best Value for the Money
You supposedly get what you pay for. Cheap isn’t always good. However, that does not imply that spending a lot of money on a product that is showy but underwhelming is a smart idea. Before adding them to the list, we make an effort to evaluate how much value you can receive for your money from your Kentucky Bluegrass Seed.
## Intended purpose
Before you purchase the Kentucky Bluegrass Seed, it is vital that you understand your needs. It will help you compare with the function of the product ensuring you have something of value. There are various Kentucky Bluegrass Seed which are best for different purposes. It is hence, vital that you know the Top Kentucky Bluegrass Seed for your need.
Products come and go; the old ones are replaced by the new ones. Most likely, a few new features and required changes were made. What good is utilizing a purportedly reliable Kentucky Bluegrass Seed if the maker no longer supports it? We make an effort to highlight items that are current and offered by one or more trustworthy sellers, if not more.
I know that was a lot for you. But to complete the package of this topic, we had to bring all those details to you. Now, with this article, you need not go anywhere else to know your deal better for Best Kentucky Bluegrass Seed.